A person can only file for a divorce in Oregon if the person or the person’s spouse has lived in Oregon for at least six months.
However, a person can file for legal separation immediately upon moving to Oregon.
This legal separation case can be converted to a divorce fairly easily once one party has lived in Oregon for at least six months.
Steven A. Heinrich
Divorce & Custody
Wills, Guardians & Elder Law
- Wills, Trusts, and Probates
- Guardians and Conservators
- Elder Law
- When Should You See An Elder Law Attorney
- Substitute Decision Makers
- Overview of Guardianships, Trusts, and Health Care Documents
- Finances and Business
- Health Care Documents
- Guardianships and Conservatorships