Steve Heinrich is a Corvallis lawyer focusing on:
- Domestic Relations (Divorces, Custody, Modifications, Child Support and Spousal Support, etc.),
- Real Estate, and
- Elder Law (Guardianships and Conservatorships; Wills, Trusts & Estates; Medicaid; Powers of Attorney; Probate, etc.).
Steve graduated from the University of Washington School of Law in 1994.
Steve was awarded the Order of the Coif (one of the top law school honors available in the US).
Steve also has a Ph.D. in Anthropology, specializing in India, from the University of Illinois.
Steve grew up mostly in Canada and India.
Steve has worked in a range of jobs, from high rise construction to law.
Steve has served on a variety of Oregon State Bar committees.
Steve is a prior Chair of the Oregon State Bar Elder Law Section Executive Committee (an elected position).
Steve has been involved in planning several Continuing Legal Education seminars relating to Elder Law. These are targeted at lawyers in Oregon, and put on by the Oregon State Bar.
Steve has also been asked to speak at several such events.
Steve has also had articles published in the Oregon State Bar Bulletin and Oregon State Bar section publications focusing on Elder Law, and on Domestic Relations or Family Law, as well as being a lead author or co-editor of the Benchguide for the Elderly Persons and Persons With Disabilities Abuse Prevention Act, which was published by the Oregon Judicial Department in 2008.
Steve has also been involved in a variety of community service organizations, including:
- The Corvallis Rotary Club;
- Corvallis Asha (A charity benefitting primary education in India);
- Benton County United Way; and
- Open Door (a Corvallis non-profit organization working with Adults with Developmental Disabilities).