When someone purchases real estate, except in very limited circumstances, a 1099-S form has to be issued and filed with the IRS.
This is usually handled by a title company.
If the purchaser does not get title insurance, this is often missed.
Steven A. Heinrich
Divorce & Custody
Wills, Guardians & Elder Law
- Wills, Trusts, and Probates
- Guardians and Conservators
- Elder Law
- When Should You See An Elder Law Attorney
- Substitute Decision Makers
- Overview of Guardianships, Trusts, and Health Care Documents
- Finances and Business
- Health Care Documents
- Guardianships and Conservatorships