1600 SW Western Blvd.
University Plaza, Ste. 280
Corvallis, OR 97333
Steven A. Heinrich
1600 SW Western Blvd
University Plaza, Suite 280
Corvallis, Oregon 97333
Phone: (541) 757-0706
- J.D. University of Washington. 1994.
- Awarded Order of the Coif (Top 10% of the Class).
- LL.B. Program. University of British Columbia. 1991-1992.
- Ranked 7th in a class of 240.
- Ph.D. in Anthropology, specializing in India. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. October 1991.
- M.A. in Anthropology. University of Illinois. May 1989.
- B. A. (First Class Honours). University of Calgary. Alberta, Canada. 1984.
- Oregon State Bar.
- Oregon United States District Court for the District of Oregon.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
PROFESSIONAL LEGAL EXPERIENCE
Focusing on Elder Law and Family Law
Fall 1998 to present.
General Practice + City Prosecutions
Morley, Thomas & McHill
Fall 1994 to Fall 1998.
Chair of the Oregon State Bar (OSB) Elder Law Section Executive Committee.
Chair-Elect of the Oregon State Bar (OSB) Elder Law Section Executive Committee.
Secretary of the Oregon State Bar (OSB) Elder Law Section Executive Committee.
Oregon Law Commission Working Group on Elective Share.
Oregon State Bar (OSB) Elder Law Section Executive Committee.
OSB Elder Law Section Agency and Professional Relations Sub-Committee.
OSB Elder Law Section Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Planning Chair.
OSB Elder Law Section Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Planning Co-Chair.
OSB Elder Law Section Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Planning Sub-Committee.
Speaker, Oregon State Bar Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Seminars on Elder Law.
2000 & 2003.
OSB Task Force on Lawyer Competency.
1995 - 1996.
Treasurer, Linn County Bar Association.
Oct 1995 to Feb 1996.
Judge, Oregon High School Mock Trial Competition.
1995 (?) to 2006.
OREGON LEGAL PUBLICATIONS
“Benchguide for the Elderly Persons and Persons With Disabilities Abuse Prevention Act,” Co-Editor/Author, Oregon Judicial Department, 2008.
“Social Security: Complex, Arcane, Byzantine - and Important for Family Law Attorneys,” Vol. 25, No. 2, Family Law Newsletter (Oregon State Bar), 1-6 (June, 2006).
“Tools and Traps in Planning for Incapacity,” Vol. 8, No. 2, Elder Law Newsletter (Oregon State Bar), 1, 2, 8 (Spring, 2005).
“How Medicaid Views Long Term Care Insurance Payments,” Vol. 4, No. 3, Elder Law Newsletter (Oregon State Bar), 8 (Summer, 2002).
“News of the Wired (Security, the Internet and the Networked Office),” with R. D. Malladi, Vol. 56, No. 3, Oregon State Bar Bulletin, 15-20 (December, 1995).
Other HONORS, PUBLICATIONS, LANGUAGES, PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ASSOCIATIONS, TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE, and COMMUNITY SERVICE available on request.
- Steven A. Heinrich
- Guardians and Conservators
- Wills, Trusts, and Probates
- Support and Custody Modification
- Elder Law and Medicaid
- Substitute Decision Makers
- Overview of Guardianships, Trusts, and Health Care Documents
- Finances and Business
- Health Care Documents
- Real Estate
- Downloadable Documents and Forms
- Contact Us